I LOVE white chocolate. It’s definitely on my list of top 10 favorite naughty foods, right after dark chocolate. I call it naughty because to me, it is not junk, it is simply a guilty pleasure – wink! It’s the yummy goodness that I enjoy way more often than I like to admit!
In honor of Valentine’s day I decided to make a dessert with red or pink in it. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know baking is not on my list of talents, so I really had to think. Then I came across a recipe for almond bark and I though, almonds, white chocolate and pink! Now I love strawberries but it just didn’t feel right for the job so I decided to go with raspberries. This is how today’s recipe was born.
And now that we’ve got the intro down we should get down to the nitty-gritty. Are you ready for a yummylicious treat?
Let me remind you, I LOVE white chocolate, so I decided to make my bark really thick. I also did not have enough space in the fridge for a huge cookie sheet so I just made it on a plate lined with parchment paper, but you might not want to do it as thick as mine. That said, I included the instructions for the way it is meant to be made.
- 16 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup of almonds, silvered
- Melt white chocolate in a double broiler or in the microwave. If you do it in the microwave do it in 30 second increments to avoid burning or overheating.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, layer the white chocolate, raspberries and almonds.
- Spread to desired thickness and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
- That's it, super simple!
- White chocolate is easily burned, do not heat it directly in a pan, use the double broiler method or microwave it in 30 second increments instead.
Here are a few more photos for your enjoyment! Hopefully they make you want to try it 😉
This recipe is part of the #Foodelicious Valentine’s day round up, you can find more awesome V-Day inspired desserts by clicking on the links below.
Mooshu Jenne – Blood Orange Panna Cotta
Call Me PMC – Red Velvet Cookie Dough Truffles
The Baking Fairy – Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes for Two
Homegrown & Healthy – Valentine’s Day Chocolate Hand Pies
Pary Moppins – Valentine’s Kisses
Savvy In The Kitchen – Nutella Cheesecake Bars
Little Family Adventure – Strawberry Soup
Life a Little Brighter – Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart
Flippin Delicious – Soft Sugar Cookies
Bespangled Jewelry – Valentine’s Day Strawberry Brownie
Temping Thyme – Special K Bars
Did you enjoy this post? Do me a favor and like ACM on Facebook, thanks a bunch!